Top 10 IELTS Exam Tips
In order to be successful in any of your endeavors, you have to outline the keys to success and follow them. The IELTS Exam is no different in this regard and in order to accrue a lofty band score of 8 or 9, then we recommend going through the tips provided below and acting on them on your IELTS Test date.
Top 10 Tips for Scoring 8 Band in IELTS
The tips below will help you score high in each of the four IELTS sections, thereby propelling your overall IELTS band score:
- Be relaxed before you enter the exam hall and even after you have gotten access to the questions. And, the easiest way to achieve this is by reaching the IELTS Test center at least 30 minutes before the start. Because if you do, you can either listen to songs or chat with people around you before the exam, to feel fresh and enter the exam hall in a relaxed state of mind; or, recollect everything you have learnt and just become well-equipped.
- Because you will be giving the IELTS Test on a computer, you must definitely assess the condition of the headset (which will be provided to you for the listening section), keyboard and mouse. If either or all of these three are faulty, you might well end up losing time during the exam.
- Like any other exam, go through the questions once or, ideally, twice, to gather an idea on how to go about answering them. Going through the questions before answering them will help you assess the exact answer to a question.
- After, write an answer that perfectly answers a question. Your answer should neither be too lengthy nor too little.
- Do not fail to gather the critical points while the recording plays. You will definitely need them (the notes you had taken) for answering the questions in the listening section.
- Focus on doing the basics right, to score high in each one of the four IELTS sections. Basics are nothing but avoiding making spelling mistakes, grammatical mistakes and pronouncing the words wrongly.
- Set yourself a time limit for answering each question and possibly, each section as well, and stick to it. Because the duration of IELTS Test is just 165 minutes (two hours and 45 minutes), time, too, is a vital factor in accruing a lofty band score.
- Having said so, do not answer any question in a hurry. Because, again, you must ensure that you do not commit elementary errors which could cost you a lot of marks in the overall picture
- Be composed and answer the questions confidently. Even if one or a few questions appear less clear and you are unable to determine the answer, go through those questions two-three times to gather a clear picture of what has been asked. Then, you will be able to provide an answer.
- Manage time effectively and make sure that you complete answering all the questions with 15-20 minutes left. Thereafter, you can go through all your answers and correct any errors you might have made.
IELTS Academic Module Exam Dates in 2018 (Ahmedabad
The table below has the IELTS Academic Module Exam dates in 2018 and the registration deadline dates for the corresponding exam dates.
IELTS Module Exam Dates Exam Registration Deadline Current Status Academic 18/01/2018 05/01/2018 Available Academic 20/01/2018 07/01/2018 Available Academic 01/02/2018 19/01/2018 Available Academic 03/02/2018 21/01/2018 Available Academic 10/02/2018 28/01/2018 Available Academic 24/02/2018 11/02/2018 Available Academic 03/03/2018 18/02/2018 Available Academic 10/03/2018 25/02/2018 Available
IELTS General Module Exam Dates in 2018 (Ahmedabad)
The table below indicates the days on which you can appear for the IELTS General Module exam in Ahmedabad in 2018.
IELTS Module Exam Dates Exam Registration Deadline Current Status General Training 20/01/2018 07/01/2018 Available General Training 01/02/2018 19/01/2018 Available General Training 10/02/2018 21/01/2018 Available
IELTS Coaching in Maninagar
To equip yourself for a challenging exam as IELTS is, you should definitely consider undertaking IELTS Coaching in Maniangar which will, thanks to the experience of seasoned trainers, by writing the mock tests conducted and following what is a well-defined blueprint, build your confidence and help hone your English listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills.
Wish you grand success in the upcoming IELTS Test!